Here you will find a detailed walkthrough of all features available on library.prosoundeffects.com
Please note: you are viewing this page on the main Pro Sound Effects site, which is a separate site from the Library Access Portal. If you wish to login to the main PSE site, you may need to create an account if you haven’t already – feel free to use the same credentials.
If you have IP-authenticated access, please skip this step.
To login to your account, simply enter the email address and password you received from your instructor in the corresponding fields.
Students: If you forgot your password, please ask your instructor; do not click the (forgot?) link – this will block out all other students from logging in.
Once you’ve found the sound you want, click the small downward arrow icon to the right of the filename. This will display a tiny window in which you can select your desired file format. The sound will then download directly to your hard drive.
Tip: Do not click the little green Download button that may appear in the bottom left corner. This button is not functional for your usage.
You can also click directly on the Filename of a sound effect – this will take you to the dedicated page for that sound with library and category info. Here you will see your file format download options on the right.
Playlists are a great solution for when you want to go on a searching spree, put all the sounds you find in one place, then review and decide what to download later.
1. To create a playlist, scroll down the left menu and click the New Playlist button.
2. Next, a window will appear in which you can add a Name, Description, and parent folder for your playlist. Then click Create Playlist.
3. After creating your playlist, you will see a cream-colored bar with your playlist name appear at the top of the page.
a. You will also see a tiny green plus icon appear next to each sound — click this icon to add a sound to your playlist.
b. Once a sound is added, the green plus turns into a red minus icon — click this icon to remove a sound from your playlist.
4. To view your playlist, click the playlist name in the Playlist menu in the bottom left corner.
5. To toggle in and out of Add To Playlist mode or to remove sounds from your playlist, click the tiny plus icon that appears next to the playlist name.
1. Once you download a sound effect (either from a playlist or the standard browsing view), the file will:
a. download via your web browser, and
b. populate in your Downloads folder.
2. From there you can drag and drop the file into your DAW/software of choice. Make sure the software you wish to use accepts the file format you downloaded (wav or mp3). For specific info on importing audio into your DAW, please refer to the manual.